Friday 24 June 2011

rocking with the best

I've just chopped off the legs off my old  Levi and Miss Sixty Jeans.I am I need for more denim mini wonders so I thought I'd do it myself and snip away .I recommened doing it if your strap for cash like me or want to make use of some jeans (also like me) that would look equally better as a pair of booty shaking 'shawts'! Don't get me wrong there are some really lovely denim shorts that are in store's
like this acid wash pair from
<-  Topshop

....or if you've got more cash than dash,then splash out on these Balmain 'Destroyed Shorts'.





Follow my easy peasy lemon squeezy (ohh I had to..) step by step guide on how to create your very own pair of denim 'shawty shawts' that are loved by so many! Who runs the world? C'mon girls!




1.Raid your wardrobe for a pair of jeans that are a bit last season or seem like they've had more wear than your Nana's slippers.For instance I found an old pair of Levi's and Miss Sixty jeans which I haven't worn in years for they are both simply ill fitted.












2.Blast out The Rolling Stones and try on your long lost jeans on and decide how short you want to make your shorts.Pweeese don't give people an eyeful, unless that is the look you intend on having...











3.Once you have decided on the length you are prepared to snip away,then get a pencil and ruler.Or if you want to achieve an even more grungier look (which I did) go ahead and snip along the desired cut off line without a visual aid guideline.

















4. Bung the freshly cut shorts into the wash and once dried, you could pull at the hem with sandpaper and create a frayed edge.
















5.Ouila! Sun out? New Denim shorts on!











No comments:

Post a Comment